Unleash Series || Making It Through Day 6
Welcome to Cornerstone Online!
- We are a community of people experiencing God and connecting with one another like never before in history. Introduce yourself in the chat and let us know where you are joining in from!
- Connect with us! If today is your first time joining us or if you have never connected before, you are a VIP! Just click HERE!
- Follow us on Facebook.
Making It Through Day 6
1 Now Jericho was strongly fortified because of the Israelites—no one leaving or entering. 2 The Lord said to Joshua, “Look, I have handed Jericho, its king, and its best soldiers over to you. 3 March around the city with all the men of war, circling the city one time. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry seven ram’s-horn trumpets in front of the ark. But on the seventh day, march around the city seven times, while the priests blow the ram’s horns. 5 When there is a prolonged blast of the horn and you hear its sound, have all the troops give a mighty shout. Then the city wall will collapse, and the troops will advance, each man straight ahead.”
We often OVERESTIMATE our ABILITY and UNDERESTIMATE the PROBLEMS before us
Unleashed Life – Living with the power and presence of God Evident in our Life
- Faith – That God will make a way
- Remembering God’s Goodness from the past
- Choosing His side over our side
This is all very important for when we finally face our Jericho
Jericho – The problem/obstacle that stands between you and the direction in which God pointed you
- For Joshua and Israel – It was a great walled city
Our Jerichos can be:
The one who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has come!
Anxiety in a person’s heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up.
2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.
Joshua and the people of Israel
- 40 years in the desert
- Following new leader Joshua
- Crossed the Jordan River
- Now going to face their FIRST REAL challenge
Last week, Joshua meets a man not far from Jericho
- Finds out it was the Pre-Incarnate Christ
- Joshua Chooses to be on His side
Then Joshua God instructions on how they were to defeat Jericho
- God always has a Plan
How do we handle Jerichos?
1 – When Facing a Jericho – Never Judge the outcome by your current View
2 The Lord said to Joshua, “Look, I have handed Jericho, its king, and its best soldiers over to you.
God tells them that he has already given them the Victory
- Didn’t’ look like victory
- Didn’t smell like victory
- Didn’t feel like victory
What God says will happen, will happen
- With or without us – Who’s side are you on
Don’t let your viewpoint in the bottom of a valley override God’ viewpoint on the Mountain
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways.” This is the Lord’s declaration.
9 “For as heaven is higher than earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
2 – When Facing a Jericho – Circle it with Prayer and Praise
- Or surround it with Prayer and Praise
3 March around the city with all the men of war, circling the city one time. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry seven ram’s-horn trumpets in front of the ark. But on the seventh day, march around the city seven times, while the priests blow the ram’s horns.
God calls Israel to march around the whole city once a day for 6 days
- Literally to circle it
Do you know how hard it would be to make it through day 6?
- They have been ready to take the land for 40 years
- They were ready for battle
- They had plenty of plans of their own
But God just asks them to circle the city for 6 days
- And on the seventh day, to circle it 7 times and he would give them victory
THIS PLAN PROBABLY FELT FOOLISH
- Even been doing something that seemed stupid, but later turned out to be a great idea?
1 Corinthians 3:18-20
18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this age, let him become a fool so that he can become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, since it is written, He catches the wise in their craftiness; 20 and again, The Lord knows that the reasonings of the wise are futile.
When we face a problem, our first response it our OWN response
But our first response must be PRAYER and PRAISE
How to circle your Jericho with praise and Prayer
Pray specific Prayers (What is your Jericho/problem?)
- No Generic prayers
- Desire healing, pray for healing
- Desire clarity, pray for clarity
Be specific and honest with God
Pray for God’s will to be done (What is God’s Plan)
- And that it would be revealed to you
- Ask God for His plan
Praise God even when things are difficult (Walking in God’s Plan)
- Don’t Stop on day 2 or 3 or 6
- Make it to day 7!